The Importance Of Digital Marketing In Your Career
The number of Internet users worldwide is increasing every day. According to the latest report on this, by We Are Social and Hootsuite, while in 2018 there were 4,021 million Internet users (53% of the world population), last June the figure reached 4,388 million (57% of the population).
An important insight that, added to the explosion of social networks and technological development in general, has increased the importance of digital marketing as an effective marketing model, positioning it as a priority for companies that want to increase their reach and presence on the web.
In order to succeed in digital marketing, you must first know the bases that will allow you to understand better the strategies that you must adopt.
In this article, we will know what digital marketing is, its importance, its characteristics, the benefits of digital marketing for your organization, and some examples of digital marketing applied successfully.
What is Digital Marketing?
Make brand communication or promote the trade of a product or service using digital media with a dedicated strategy and studied especially to enhance the results and impact of our commercial actions on the Internet is what we define as digital marketing.
Online marketing brings with it new communicational attributes, digital KPIs linked to web services that not only capture user data, the interactions they make when viewing, clicking or visiting a site, but also allow you to know in detail, and then take interest metrics and monitoring, what our customers and users look for, like or demonstrate real buying interest.
Digital marketing uses various digital tactics and channels to connect online with the target audience, such as email marketing, pay per click ads (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing and social media marketing.
You can do digital marketing with very small budgets, achieving niche reach. In addition, it is scalable, allowing the growth of both the company and the online marketing project.
A lot of people research and buy online. In fact, figures compiled by HubSpot, indicate that by 2021, global retail e-commerce will reach sales of more than 4.5 trillion dollars and that 47% of buyers saw 3 to 5 pieces of content before committing to a sales representative.
Characteristics of Digital Marketing
In order for you to understand more deeply what digital marketing is, it is important that you also know the characteristics of specific digital marketing that differentiate it from traditional or offline advertising. Take note:
- Personalization:the modern consumer has access to colossal volumes of information, which allow him to have control of his purchase path and, in a certain way, disregard intrusive and misaligned advertising with his interests. Personalization is greatly appreciated. In fact, statistics compiled by Omnicore indicate that 40% of mobile users say they will spend more money on a company if they receive a personalized coupon.
- marketing, through data tracking and marketing automation software, allows users to deliver offers and content according to their searches and needs. That way, you have a better chance of increasing the conversion ratio. Hence the importance of process automation in a digital strategy.
- Massive and wide scope: it is one of the best features of digital marketing. On the web, as we pointed outlines, millions of people are present, so your marketing actions have the possibility of reaching a wide audience, even crossing borders and especially now that the Internet threatens to overcome television as a medium of most consumed communication.
- High segmentation:digital marketing allows you to leverage data to reach highly segmented target audiences, targeting your campaigns based on geographic areas, age data, gender, and key aspects such as tastes, interests, and browsing history. This, coupled with the great scope it has, translates into much more defined investments.
- Economic:its cost-benefit ratio is quite good with respect to traditional advertising tools such as television commercials. In the specific case of Inbound Marketing, a fundamental methodology in digital marketing, it can be six times cheaper than direct marketing. Of course, to obtain this benefit, you must know how to plan and execute the strategies.
- Measurement:The best thing about digital marketing is that it allows the monitoring and measurement of actions and results — an incomparable advantage over traditional advertising. Think, for example, in the ads published in newspapers, can you never know how many people actually saw your ads? In online campaigns, you can easily have this data.
- Bidirectional:the Internet democratizes access to information and communication. Digital marketing stands on this premise, enabling new spaces and channels that give rise to the interaction between brand and consumer, leaving behind the old unidirectional model.
- Experimentation:the measurement of results allows you to test different actions and tactics while adjusting them in real-time to optimize the results.
If you are looking to excel in the field of digital marketing training in Bangalore, get in touch with Inventateq.com. The platform has a number of listed courses, from digital marketing, web development courses, computer networking, data science, artificial intelligence, etc. Digital marketing courses in Chennai are widely popular among people. You can navigate through the link and discover what suits you.
These features derive in digital marketing benefits that you should take advantage of to increase the profitability of your budget. In addition to this, there is the possibility of generating more engagement or interaction and increasing revenue.